Job Posting: Development Director
The Rockfall Foundation is seeking a Development Director to implement and manage The Rockfall Foundation’s development, marketing and communications programs. The position is salaried at 30 hours per week.
Information about The Rockfall Foundation
Founded in 1935, The Rockfall Foundation is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and support environmental education and conservation in the Lower Connecticut River Valley. The Rockfall Foundation awards annual environmental grants, sponsors educational programing and owns and maintains the historic deKoven House in Middletown which provides public meeting space and provides office space for locally based environmental organizations. More detailed information may be found at The Rockfall Foundation website, www.rockfallfoundation.org.
NAME OF POSITION: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for creation and implementation of an integrated program of fundraising, marketing and communications to increase funding support and public awareness of The Rockfall Foundation. Works closely with the Board Development Committee to build a development program that increases individual giving to The Rockfall Foundation and expands opportunities in areas such as membership, corporate support, funded programs, grants, special events, major gifts, planned giving, and eventually endowment building. Integrates marketing and development efforts to communicate The Rockfall Foundations role as “an environmental leader in the “Lower Connecticut River Valley” and to motivate supporters to participate in The Rockfall Foundation programs, to donate to The Rockfall Foundation, and to encourage citizens to preserve the environment.
1) Four year college degree
2) At least five years’ experience in fundraising
3) Interest in and knowledge of environmental issues
4) Experience in non-profit management with strong skills in fundraising, communications, and marketing
5) Self-motivated with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects towards meeting the short-term and long-term fundraising goals
6) Outgoing with the skill and ability to represent The Rockfall Foundation responsibly and professionally to the community, the board, groups and organizations that The Rockfall Foundation works with
7) Excellent oral and written communication skills
8) Proficiency with computer applications and office systems (e.g., Excel, Word, Power Point, donor database systems)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Works with the Development Committee and the Executive Director to
- Develop short (1-2 years) and long term (3-5 years) goals consistent with The Rockfall Foundation Strategic Plan and the Marketing Plan for the annual fund and, as appropriate for planned giving and endowment.
- Implement and evaluate a diversified Rockfall Foundation fund raising program including internal and external annual giving, membership donation, corporate support, special events, and as appropriate planned giving, major gifts, and asset donation.
- Develop and communicate reasons to give; create or refine the case statement and other marketing-fundraising materials.
- Develop outreach policy; serve as an ambassador to the community attending community events, reaching out to potential supporters, and working with other organizations to develop programs, etc.
- Work with the Development Committee to implement annual fundraising strategies including: Board giving, Letter campaigns, Special events, Sponsorships for events, website, programs, Major gift cultivation and visits, etc.
- Work with the Development Committee, Board, and Staff to identify prospects and build relationships with donors; develop and implement effective stewardship program.
- Initiate personal contacts with potential and existing supporters and between the Executive Director and Board members and potential and existing supporters.
- Oversee, create, and manage marketing-fundraising materials, programs and events that will expand the market and audiences for The Rockfall Foundation including but not limited to: Management of The Rockfall Foundation’s website, social media, and e-news; Development of brochures, direct mail letters, other publications and materials; Design of new programs that expand reach to younger members and/or widen the impact The Rockfall Foundation has as an environmental leader in the Lower Connecticut River Valley; Planning events that increase public awareness, encourage engagement and/or raise funds (e.g. community forums, service learning opportunities, classroom programs, community fundraisers)
- Develop and implement recognition programs to honor and acknowledge donors through publications, website, signage, annual reports and other means.
- Review and recommend Donation and Gift Policies, and appropriate development program procedures.
- Manage donor records to track gifts, donor acknowledgement, and reporting.
- Work to support Executive Director in identifying and writing grants for increased program and operational support.
BENEFITS: According to the Personnel Policy
How to Apply
Applicant resume reviews will begin on February 25, 2019 and the process will remain open until the position is filled. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send a detailed letter of interest, current resume, three (3) professional references with phone or email contact information and salary requirements to Tony Marino, Executive Director via email: email@example.com (Subject line: Development Director Position).
The Rockfall Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.