Green Resolutions for the New Year
Happy New Year! Many of us have made resolutions for the year ahead and some may include how to create a more sustainable lifestyle. Here are a few simple, eco-friendly resolution suggestions:
- Break up with bottled water – purchase a reusable water bottle (one that’s BPA free!) and fill ‘er up.
Buy less. Consider reusing items, borrowing, or buying second-hand.
- Enjoy a waste-free lunch – reusable lunch supplies, like stainless steel flatware, cloth snack bags, and a cloth napkin will keep you out of the trash bin.
- Be mindful: Unplug things when you aren’t using them. Turn the lights off. Watch your water use.
- Use reusable bags and containers for grocery shopping, packing lunches, and storing leftovers.
- Commit to enjoy the outdoors more! Take time for nature discovery and simply enjoying what Mother Nature has to offer.
- Commit to cleaning your home with eco-friendly products made with no harmful chemicals.
- Go meatless once a week!
- Avoid individually wrapped items and single-serve containers.