Not yet on our email list?
See our latest E-newsletter
by clicking here
The Rockfall Foundation owns and maintains its offices in the historic, 18th- century deKoven House on Washington Street in Middletown. The house was bequeathed to the foundation by the organization’s founder Colonel Clarence S. Wadsworth in 1941. The deKoven House, just yards from the banks of the Connecticut River, is listed on the national register of historic buildings as the Captain Benjamin Williams House.
Rockfall’s House Committee oversees operation and management of the deKoven House Community Center, preserving it and ensuring that it be used for the benefit of the community. Since 1942, Rockfall has provided subsidized office space in the deKoven House to a variety of nonprofit service groups. Two meeting rooms are available to Middlesex County community groups. As part of its own environmental and stewardship mission, the foundation offers nonprofit organizations subsidized, low cost office space as well as the use of the community meeting rooms.
The Green House Today deKoven House serves as a mini hub for environmental organizations and their staff and volunteers. Its offices are occupied by groups whose missions are concerned with natural resource education, research and conservation in Middlesex County.